by Floria Alex, Contributing Writer
As a parent, an educator, or a daycare teacher, you want to help the children in your care learn all that they need to learn. You want to help toddlers learn the things that are necessary to succeed in life. One of the basic things that all toddlers needs to learn is their colors. Young children need to know what color is what and they need to be able to figure out what color an item is when they see it. You can help the children in your life learn their colors, and you can do that in a fun way through the help of the following ideas. Every child will be excited to work with you and learn when you make the learning fun and exciting, when you work it into their everyday life.
Six Games that Teach Toddlers Colors:
1. Allow toddlers to play with their food. When you fill a young child's plate, there will be a variety of colors on that plate. The little one will be able to practice their colors as they deal with their food and as they play with the items that you give them. Have them name the color of the food that they are playing with, and have them name the color of the food as they pop it into their mouths. Have them look over their plate and name the color of each item before them. Talk about food and how it comes in a variety of colors and flavors.
2. Finger-paint with the children. When you finger-paint with young children, you allow them to work with a variety of colors. You can help the children to learn about colors by naming each one that they are painting with. You can also help the children mix the colors to make new ones for more advanced play. Children enjoy being creative, and they will have fun working on a finger painting project.
3. Use printable color books to help children learn about colors. Give the children crayons or markers and help them to color with each one. You can use printable color books to print color pages at home. Color books are great for those times when you want to set your child up with something to work on while you accomplish other things.
4. Give your child a piece of colored paper and then head outside. As you walk with the child, help them to find items that are colored in a way that matches the paper that they are carrying. Find items in nature that match the color of the paper and get excited about each one of them. Congratulate your child as they recognize colors and pick out items on their own.
5. Tie colored ribbons around some type of small object and set those objects in a bucket together away from your child. Yell out a color and have your child run to find the object with the ribbon that matches the color that you mentioned and bring it back to you. Children love running around, and they like to have the opportunity to fetch something that you want them to fetch, so they will enjoy this game.
6. Have your child dress up all in one color. Find clothing that is in various shades of one color and have your child wear that clothing. Let them know what color they are wearing and allow them to be that color all day long. Consider dressing in a different color, yourself, and allowing them to compare the two colors.
When your child starts to make improvements in regard to learning their colors, when they begin to figure out what color is what and they learn what you want them to learn, reward them for their efforts. Every child deserves to be rewarded when they have done great things, and you can award your child through the help of an award certificate template and all that it offers. Through the help of such a template, you will be able to quickly award the child who has learned a lot and who has put in good effort.
Lyn Lomasi is founder and owner of the Brand Shamans Content Community. Services include ordained soul therapy and healing ministry, business success coaching, business success services, handcrafted healing jewelry, ethereal and anointing oils, altar and spiritual supplies and services, handcrafted healing beauty products, and more!
Lyn is your brand healing, soul healing, marketing & content superhero to the rescue! While rescuing civilians from boring business practices and energy vampires, this awesomely crazy family conquers evil and creates change.
They live among tigers, dragons, mermaids, unicorns, and other fantastic energies, teaching others to claim their own power and do the same.
By supporting us, you support a dedicated parent, healer, and minority small business that donates to several causes. Profits from our all-inclusive store, Intent-sive Nature support these causes and our beautiful family!
HIRE OR SHOP WITH LYN | CONTACT LYN