Twitter's gotten smarter. Instead of simply friending people you already know, it looks at your friends' locations and hobbies and suggests more Twitter users for you to follow. If you're tweeting a lot about weddings and you already have friends and contacts in Atlantic City (or any South Jersey region), pay attention! Twitter will suggest some helpful local wedding contacts.
Some local wedding pages are really overwhelming. Even the most organized sites offer a multitude of options. If you're limited on time, consider sending your question out into the Twitterverse. This can help with anything from I-do-venues to white wedding shoes. For example, you could tweet the following questions:
- Desperately seeking a pair of white satin slippers, $50 or less, AC NJ
- I need to find a wedding planner in Atlantic City NJ. Help?!
- What's the best wedding magazine for South Jersey brides?
- Can anyone recommend an Atlantic City wedding venue?
- I'm getting married on 10/7/2016 - what's the weather like?
There are tons of vendors and wedding specialists out there just hoping for a tweet like yours. Even New Jersey's geekiest meteorologist will smile at the sight of your weather question. Tweeting is great because:
- It helps you remember what you need to find when you don't have time to make a list.
- Other brides and your friends might provide recommendations.
- Vendors who answer customer questions on Twitter tend to be customer-oriented.
- A good vendor can recommend more trustworthy vendors.
You can check any vendor's listing or reputation over on Yelp.
If you're active on Twitter, keep your eyes open on Wednesday. Wednesday is #ww or #weddingwednesday, meaning Twitter's all aglow with info from wedding specialists. Specifically, New Jersey area wedding professionals participate in Wedding Wednesday--and they'd love to help you. Try following @njwedding for important Wedding Wednesday updates!