If you don't have that kind of time, there are some things you can do to plan in under two years. This includes:
- Maintaining flexibility on ceremony date and time
- Using the economy to your advantage--venues are eager to book. If your date is taken, see what else they suggest.
- Having the ceremony, reception and accommodations in the same location. Atlantic City easily accommodates this considering the amount of casinos there.
- Retaining a wedding planner to do the wedding planning for you.
- Subscribe to wedding magazines with a local focus to narrow your research.
If Atlantic City is the location of your destination wedding, you may wish to stay closer to the two-year advanced planning mark to give proper notification and 'save the dates' to guests needing to travel.
If you're intent on a wedding in a specific place of worship, know that it is now increasingly common for guests to drive from one location to another--up to a thirty minute drive--to get from wedding to reception.
Guests understand that it's expensive and time-consuming to prepare the perfect day, so don't worry about compromising on small details if they are unimportant to you. After all, this is your moment to shine--enjoy it!