If an Atlantic City off-season wedding is a possibility for you, consider making a pros and cons list specific to your needs. Here are some general advantages and disadvantages to help you get started:
- All around, costs are lower when it's not summer at the shore.
- Because so many people vacation and make plans in the summer, you'll likely have a higher attendance rate if you hold your wedding off-season.
- Costs will be lower for guests. Even guests who live nearby will face lower gas prices during the off-season.
- Fall-themed weddings are extremely popular right now. You can take advantage of this trend without compromising your ideal location.
- You can plan your wedding in a shorter amount of time if you wish. Some Atlantic City venues book years out for events during peak season.
- Guests who drive to the event won't have to deal with that pesky shore traffic.
- You can focus on non-summer themes in Atlantic City during off months. Consider a Romanesque wedding at Caesar's.
- If you have a winter ceremony, inclement weather can delay guests' flights and make road conditions difficult, especially down the shore.
- While it may be easier for you to book your first choice venue for your reception or ceremony, some shore sites are completely closed during late fall and winter. This won't affect you if you want to stick to the casinos.
- The weather will not be as ideal for a beach or boardwalk wedding.
- If you're booking a year or two in advance and start your planning during fall or winter, you may have a difficult time getting in touch with vendors who are closed for the season.
- Some venues or vendors will charge more for off-season services if they are normally closed.
Though it can be tough to get in touch with vendors during the off-season, many businesses now operate Web sites and Facebook fan pages year-round and there are more comprehensive wedding resource pages willing to point you in the right direction in any season.